In 2023, the nonprofit literacy organization, Partnerships for Literacy and Learning, challenged the communities of the State of Vermont to consider all the ways and means it takes to “raise a reader” from birth to school graduation. The Vermont Council on Literacy heard this call and would like to support this initiative by offering a new mini grant category to our slate of projects! Please consider applying today!
Purpose. These grants are to support initiatives by community members to increase the importance of reading for all Vermonters from birth to school graduation. This grant will support the action taken through the award of a $500.00 grant. Applicants may apply for but are not limited to the following:
- Quality literature to broaden and enhance more reading in different locations, hospital, prisons, care centers, homeless shelters, and more
- Creating a story walk for the community
- Sets of Vermont award books = Red Clover, Golden Dome, more
- A Literacy night for the community
- Vermont Reads community night with books (Vermont Council on the Humanities)
- So much more…
This grant is not to be used to purchase instructional programs or materials.
Amount. The Vermont Council on Literacy will award $1000 annually. We will accept applications for grants up to $500.00.
Eligibility.Open to all Vermont communities