THE VERMONT COUNCIL ON LITERACY IS LOOKING FOR Joyful MINI GRANT PROPOSALS!
Purpose. These grants are to support initiatives by educators in schools to enhance and expand the love of literacy within the school setting. Applicants may apply for but are not limited to the following:
- Quality literature to broaden and enhance a classroom library
- Creating a story walk for the school
- Author’s visit
- Illustrator visit
- Sets of Vermont award books = Red Clover, Golden Dome, more
- A Literacy night for the community
- Vermont Reads community night with books (Vermont Council on the Humanities)
- So much more…
This grant is not to be used to purchase instructional programs or materials.
Amount. The Vermont Council on Literacy will award $1000 annually. We will accept applications for grants up to $500.00.
Eligibility.Open to all Vermont educators
Due. Proposals are due April 1.
Sharing. Recipients are asked to share within their school community, at a future VCL conference, on social media, and/or write an article for the VCL blog.