Would you like to be on a Board that centers its work in Vermont…with Vermont educators…sharing the most up to date knowledge within the literacy community?
The Vermont Council on Literacy may be just right for you! We are a nonprofit charitable 501c3 organization with a passion for Vermont literacy educators! We are organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, including:
- promoting effective literacy programs at all levels of instruction;
- promoting resources by which Vermont educators may stay abreast of current programs, research, techniques, and materials related to literacy;
- disseminating information to the public relative to current issues and practices in the field of reading and literacy;
- recognize and support the expertise in teaching and supporting literacy achievement in Vermont schools.
As a VCL Board member, your responsibilities would be, but not limited to:
- Attend all VCL Executive Board Meetings.
- Serve a 3 year term.
- Solicit literacy awards for outstanding educators: Lyman C Hunt & John T Poeton.
- Solicit literacy mini grant nominees.
- Support the work of the Executive Board.
- Help with VCL program development and implementation.
- Write or solicit 1 or 2 blog articles per year for the VCL website.
VCL board members will be reimbursed for costs incurred including mileage, VCL program attendance, or VCL-required software. VCL board members will not receive payment for their voluntary role or hours. There are no stipended positions on the VCL Board of Directors.
Let us know a bit about you! Please fill out this SHORT survey and one of us will get back to you. Thank you!